A town, Želiezovce is located in the southern part of the Levice district, on the right part of the Hron River, in Slovakia and has a rich history. The oldest written document mentioning Želiezovce dates back to 1075.
From 1347 the owners of Želiezovce became Töttöš a Vesszőš, the two sons of Imrich Bescey, the warden of Levice Castle. They had permanent ownership of approximately 50 settlements in the region of Dolné Pohronie, all of which had been administered from Želiezovce.
In 1543, when the Turks invaded and took over Esztergom, a Turkish administrative district, was established, and fees were imposed on all the settlements within its reach, includin Želiezovce. Since Želiezovce had no city walls, in 1599 Tartars plundered it. After the Tcrkish war ended, in the middle of the 18 Century, Želiezovce gained the character of a craft and agricultural town and was different from neighboring settlements.
In 1790 a manor house with four wings and an internal court was built here. When Ján Karol Esterházy was the head of that property, he invited to Želiezovce a teacher of music, the young composer from Vienna, Franz Schubert. The preserved authentic news, which he sent in letters to his family and friends about his stay in Želiezovce are extremly valuable. During his free time he became acquainted with the surroundings and was inspired by its natural beauty and the melodic folk song from the Slovak-Hungarian border area. According to the catalogue of Otto Erich Deutch, the Schubert expert, he wrote at least 15 compositions during his first stay here. In november 1818 he returned to Vienna. e died on November 19, 1828 in Vienna. Throughout his life he wrote and created more than 600 song, symphonies, orchestral works, operas and chamber compositions.
Czechoslovakia was established after the First World War, in October 1918 the Austro-Hungarian Empire as a successor state. In first Czechoslovakia remained Želiezovce agro-Crafts village. In 1938-1945 were connected to Hungary. City State received in 1960.
Church St. James: The Roman Catholic church, originally Gothic, built before the 1337. It was modified in the 15th century, restored in 1884 and rebuilt after war damage in 1954.
Esterházy Mension: In the Franz Schubert park was built a Baroque manor house. It was built by Ján Karol Esterházy in 1720.
Mikula: The village was first mentioned in 1075. Since 1434 it belonged to county Levice, in the 18. century it belonged to the Esterházy property.In 1938-1945 was Mikula also attached to Hungary. To Želiezovce it was joined in 1960.
Svodov: The village was first mentioned in 1156. In 1257 the archbishop of Esztergom bought the village. In the 19 century Svodov belonged to Želiezovce. People dealing with agriculture, particularly in the 18th century and breeding sheep. In 1938-1945 was annexed to Hungary.